Sunday 2 June 2013

Bringing a site back online (with about 3000 internal pages) after two years?

Bringing a site back online (with about 3000 internal pages) after two years?

I've had a site that I've had turned off for the last year or two, and I restored it from database and switched it back on recently.
I've placed it on the same domain where it was, on a new server with all the content it used to have.
It's a Q/A answer style site (similar to StackExchange) so it had a lot of content and a lot of internal pages.
The site used to get a significant amount of SEO traffic (about 80% of it's traffic used to come from organic), I'm wondering if Google is likely to put a red flag on my site since it may look strange that it's gone from being down to all of a sudden having ~3000 internal pages.
Am I likely to get black-listed? Is there anything I can do to ensure that I don't and to ensure that I'm not penalized (and that hopefully my Google rankings are restored in as short a time-frame as possible to what they previously were)?
Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment